Sunday, March 18, 2012

Not as Bad as I Thought...

So at the suggestion of my committee member, CDC lady, I changed my dissertation topic just a little. I was all distraught and confused on where to pick up. I am one of those people who need to mind map for a long time and then can make up for that time in a day or two. It totally defies all of what we are taught but I continue to do it. Yesterday, I was sitting on my couch and just said to God "Just show me how? Show me where to start!" Just like that, God spoke and said "go to the stash of articles you printed 3 yrs ago. It's in there." So I separated the articles and there were a series of articles that pointed me in the right direction. I grabbed my highlighter, pen and pad and went to work! I was then able to outline where I am gonna go with this and began writing. I had to tell myself to stop getting stuck on sequence. Then as I wrote, I realized that much of the info from my old topic also applied to my new topic and I was so happy! *COMMAND C, COMMAND V* Just like that I had 12 pages within the hr. So I am so happy because I realize that with this topic, I have a whole lot more info and it's easier to plan. So I am excited to know that it is not as bad as I thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment