Thursday, January 5, 2012

For Black Girls Who Consider Doctoral Degrees Cus 9-5s Weren't Gonna Get It

So...I have tried this before but didn't keep up with it. But now I think it is time for me to share much of this process with my black girls in academia. You see, I am Elle. I am addicted to lipgloss, obsessed with my hair *flips mane* and consider myself to be a scholar in the school of femininity. Aesthetic superiority is very important to me; and it just so happens that I am getting a PhD. In these last 4 yrs I have been experienced a process that many of US are unaware of, and/or afraid of. I have learned some dos and donts along the way, and am continuing to learn the many nuances of the PhD process. So in absence of many black female PhDs that look like me and value the same things that I do, I decided to do my part to help fill the void. So here is where I blog some of my experiences and hope that I can be of help to my fellow young, black females who aspire to obtain a PhD. So feel free to embark on this journey that is Dissertating While Black...and Girl.

1 comment:

  1. An old adage says all education is of value. But what makes it even more priceless is the work and requirements that have been faced to get to the end result. This is an affirmative fact with recipients of this prestigious degree. This is the reason they are considered to be of such value. The skills that are developed while attaining the degree are second to none and alone equip the graduate with a valuable tool.
    For more details, Click Here

    ReplyDelete